Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Well, after 4 weeks of Thanksgiving mayhem, I have a moment's rest.

It is truly a challenge trying to fit a non-industrial product into an industrial world. Its like putting a square peg in a round hole. My turkeys turned out smaller than we or the farmer expected. So I had to end up giving people two and ordering a whole bunch more - and it is not easy to find 100 pastured turkeys the week before Thanksgiving. To top it all off, fulfilling all these changed orders was a terrific challenge for my fulfillment folks. Ahh, the challenges of being a start-up! But at the end of the day, I am really thankful for (my family, my farmers, all the people who I work with) and especially YOU! Thank you, thank you, my customers, for being so understanding, and flexible! One thing I learned while calling many of you in the past couple weeks (to rearrange your orders) is the amount of support people have for what KOL Foods is doing. It is so nice to have that feedback in the midst of mayhem. Here is an email that I got yesterday from Sara Shapiro-Pleven of NYC:

"Devora, thank you so much. The turkeys were unbelievable. It was as if we were eating a whole different animal; I always thought I hated turkey, but this was delicious. I'm so glad that we were able to shop with you! But most of all, thank you for helping us to inspire our family to think more carefully about the food they eat."


Snif.

No comments:

Post a Comment